Open Enrollment is here! Save $50 by enrolling in February
Prepaid Plan Open Enrollment has begun! Here at Florida Prepaid, this is a season of hard work but also celebration, because we know it’s a time when Florida families change the course of their children’s future by securing their ability to go to college affordably. We hope you will join us for the work — determining which Plan fits into your family budget — and then follow it with celebration! (Trust us, you will feel like patting yourselves on the back. We hear it from relieved parents all the time.)
Enroll in February and we will waive the $50 application fee.
The cost will depend on your child’s age and which Plan you choose, but our 529 Prepaid Plans start at $45 per month for a newborn. The earlier a family starts saving for a child’s college education, the less they need to save each month. A Prepaid Plan allows families to pick the plan to fit their savings goals, and lock in the cost of college for less.
A few points worth knowing:
- Open Enrollment, which this year runs from February 1 through April 30, is the only time each year that families can lock in the price of one of our five prepaid tuition plans and optional prepaid dormitory plans.
- Prepaid Plans work great alongside scholarships.
- If a child attends an out-of-state or private college, a Prepaid Plan will pay the same amount as it would pay at a public college or university in Florida.
- Every Prepaid Plan is guaranteed by the State of Florida, so you can never lose your investment.
- A child has up to 10 years after high school graduation to use the plan.
- Anyone who enrolls in February will get the $50 application fee waived.
If the pandemic has you reevaluating where you typically spend your money, you’re not alone. In a recent study conducted by the board, 98 percent of Florida parents say college is more important than ever or just as important in the wake of COVID-19, which has impacted jobs and personal finances.
Purchasing a Florida 529 Prepaid Plan is a guaranteed way for you to close the gap between good intentions and actual progress – and you can never lose your investment. Get started today!