This season, ask for the gift of college savings
Here’s a recent headline about holiday shopping: “Expect delays, limited inventory and higher prices but, most importantly, start early.” That doesn’t sound like fun to us! But it is the natural outgrowth of empty store shelves, labor shortages and shipping delays.
Now seems like a great time for a friendly reminder that you have a fantastic and easy gifting alternative: saving for college. When friends and family ask you for gift ideas for your child, or when you’re considering gift ideas for your own friends and family, keep college savings in mind. You can even go the proactive route: Just let friends and family know now that you plan to simplify everyone’s shopping by choosing college savings.
Here is how you can invite family members and friends to contribute toward your child’s college fund (or even your own for graduate school!) through our online gifting portal.
- Step 1: Log into your Florida Prepaid account. Click on the gift image on the homepage.
- Step 2: Select Gifting Event Type and Start Date.
- Step 3: Select one or more beneficiaries to add to the eGift event.
- Step 4: Select invitees — choose contacts from your address book to send an eGift email invitation.
- Step 5: Preview invite email and then click Create Event.
If you do not yet have a Prepaid or Savings Plan, this seems like the moment you have been waiting for. You can open a Florida 529 Savings Plan for free, and regular contributions are not required; just save what you want, when you want. Create a new plan here.
Every contribution, large and small, can have a lasting impact on your child’s future. Florida Prepaid wishes you a happy holiday season, full of love and learning.