Priceless: The gift of college savings
Inflation continues to impact Floridians, and recent reports suggest it is not taking a break for the holidays. Nor is the recession. This means the same amount of money spent in typical years simply won’t go as far.
But we can think of one gift is recession- and inflation-proof: A Florida 529 Prepaid Plan. And contributing to a Prepaid Plan or Florida 529 Savings Plan is a great gift that has lasting impact. So when friends and family ask you for gift ideas for your child, or when you’re considering gift ideas for your own friends and family, keep college savings in mind. You can even go the proactive route: Just let friends and family know now that you plan to simplify everyone’s shopping by choosing college savings.
Here is how you can invite family members and friends to contribute toward your child’s college fund (or even your own for graduate school!) through our online gifting portal.
- Step 1: Log into your Florida Prepaid account. Click on the gift image on the homepage.
- Step 2: Select Gifting Event Type and Start Date.
- Step 3: Select one or more beneficiaries to add to the eGift event.
- Step 4: Select invitees — choose contacts from your address book to send an eGift email invitation.
- Step 5: Preview invite email and then click Create Event.
If you do not yet have a Prepaid or Savings Plan, this seems like the moment you have been waiting for. You can open a Florida 529 Savings Plan for free, and regular contributions are not required; just save what you want, when you want. Create a new plan here.
Every contribution, large and small, can have a lasting impact on your child’s future. Florida Prepaid wishes you a happy holiday season, full of love and learning.