Invite friends and family to give the gift of college
What do you give to the child that already has everything they need? Something that, as it turns out, they still actually need: money for college.
Let’s consider grandparents and gifting. According to research from Fidelity, only four in 10 high net worth grandparents are helping with their grandchildren’s college savings, even though 74 percent would be willing to support that. What’s the disconnect? Could it be that parents just aren’t asking?
Most families expect their child to go to college, but only two out of five families have a plan for how to afford it. — How America Pays for College, 2017
At Florida Prepaid, we want to make it easy for you to ask loved ones to contribute to your Florida 529 Savings Plan. Whether it’s the holiday season or a birthday, graduation or other special occasion, you can use our Gifting Portal to do the asking for you.
It’s quick and easy to set up an eGift event using the following five steps:
- Step 1: Log in to your Florida Prepaid account. Click on the eGift tab.
- Step 2: Select Gifting Event Type and Start Date.
- Step 3: Select one or more beneficiaries to add to the eGift event.
- Step 4: Select invitees — choose contacts from your address book to send an eGift email invitation.
- Step 5: Preview invite email and then click Create Event.
Create a new holiday tradition this season by giving your child the gift of debt-free college! It’s the gift that doesn’t break or require batteries, and makes an impact that lasts a lifetime.
Have questions? We’ve got answers! Explore our Frequently Asked Questions to learn more about our Prepaid Plans and Savings Plan. And click here to start your savings now!