Spring Break is for All Families
Spring Break can sneak up on busy families navigating the second half of the school year. But now is the perfect time to start planning how you’ll spend time together as a family and take a much-needed break from the daily routine.
Whether you “staycation” home together, travel for real or adventure somewhere virtually – Spring Break in the Sunshine State offers plenty of activities for all families. Here are just a few ideas to consider as you plan:
- Visit one of Florida’s 175 State Parks. With accessible locations all around the state, you’ll find plenty of outdoor adventure for your family. Plan your activities ahead to make the most of your time.
- If your kids are a bit younger, check out LEGOLAND Florida Resorts. LEGOLAND offers tons of family-friendly entertainment and opportunities for fun. While there, be sure to check out the Florida Prepaid Schoolhouse to squeeze in a little learning.
- If you’re looking for ways to keep kids entertained and engaged at home this Spring Break, you’ll be a fan of Disney’s activity and education guides. Available for free, these guides are a great supplement to Disney movies that the whole family is sure to enjoy.
- Check out a science museum, like the Orlando Science Center or Fort Lauderdale Museum of Discovery and Science, where your kids are guaranteed to have a great time and walk away with a wealth of new knowledge.
- Explore your wild side and visit the animals at the Florida Aquarium in Tampa, the Butterfly Rainforest in Gainesville, or the Jacksonville Zoo – just to name a few.
No matter where your adventure takes you, find ways to take your family away from the school day routine. Spend time disconnected from electronics and more connected with each other. Spring Break is an important chance to back off the stress of school and simply enjoy being a kid.
So, take the week to enjoy being together and help them (and you!) return to the school year refreshed and ready to knock out the last quarter.