Top Five Reasons to Enroll in a Florida 529 Prepaid Plan
The annual Prepaid Plan Open Enrollment window runs February 1 through April 30, but the truth is, there are reasons all year long to start saving for your child’s college education early and consistently.
Here are 5 of our favorite reasons to sign up now – and if you sign up by April 30 this year, you can lock in pricing as low as $45/month to cover future college tuition and fees:
- Inflation-proof savings. Prepaid Plans lock in your child’s future tuition and fees at today’s prices. Your payments will never increase. If the actual cost of tuition and fees is less than your total plan cost, Florida Prepaid refunds the difference. If the actual cost of tuition and fees is higher than your total plan cost, Florida Prepaid covers the difference.
- Time is money. Bottom line? The longer you wait, the more expensive college gets, and Prepaid Plan monthly payments are lowest when you start early.
- Risk-free flexibility. Prepaid Plan payments are not subject to stock market fluctuations. They’re fully refundable, guaranteed by the State of Florida and can be used at in-state, out-of-state, public, private, trade and technical schools nationwide.
- Debt avoidance. A student with college savings is 2.5 times more likely to attend college and graduate, and the money you save now is money they won’t have to borrow in the future. Prepaid Plans are a proven way to set your child up for financial success.
- Instant satisfaction. Amid so much uncertainty as a parent, this is one thing you can check off the list today and feel good about!
You can get started this Open Enrollment by enrolling in the 1-Year Florida University Plan. Many families begin with that and decide later if they want to add more coverage in a future Open Enrollment period.
More than 1.2 million families have saved with Florida 529 Prepaid Plans, making us the largest and most successful prepaid program in the nation. Online enrollment only takes about 15 minutes, and our pricing calculator can help you find the plan that works with your budget. Start saving today!
Have more questions? We have answers! Explore our Frequently Asked Questions to learn more about these plans! It takes only 15 minutes to open an account. You’ll need to provide your address, date of birth, SSN and a bank account if you want automatic withdrawals. You’ll also need the student beneficiary’s address, birthdate and SSN. Open a new plan now!