Please visit our COVID-19 page for the latest updates.Learn More

Can I move money from another 529 Plan to Florida’s 529 Savings Plan?

Yes. Funds may be transferred from another state’s 529 Plan into a Florida 529 Savings Plan. The IRS calls this a “rollover” and allows you to do so once every 12 months for the same Beneficiary.

In addition, Education Savings Accounts (ESAs), Uniform Gift/Transfers to Minor Act (UGMA/ UTMA) assets and redeemed U.S. Savings Bonds can also be transferred to a 529 Plan at any time.

For specific guidance relating to your college savings plans, please consult an investment adviser or certified public accountant.

Kid Sliding Through Sprinklers

Earn up to $50 toward college during the 529 Summer of Savings!

Now when you open a tax-advantaged Florida 529 Savings Plan, we’ll put $25 into your account. Set up monthly contributions, and we’ll add another $25.
Hurry, offer ends August 16!

You have Successfully Subscribed!