Early Learning Coalitions College Scholarship for VPK Families
Win $2,500 For College!
Florida’s Early Learning Coalitions and Florida Prepaid College Savings Plans share a mission: To prepare young minds for a future full of opportunities, from VPK through college and beyond.
ELCs prepare students academically, with a focus on reading and other early learning strategies.
Florida Prepaid helps students and their families prepare financially, offering college savings plans that allow you to save for college in a way that suits your budget. And we’ve been doing this for generations of families for thirty years, helping send more than 460,000 students to college.
As part of this shared commitment to helping students, Florida Prepaid College Savings Plans is giving away a $2,500 Florida 529 Savings Plan to TWO lucky families! All you have to do is enter to win!
We also have some great resources for families and teachers. Check out the teacher and family sections for fun activities and ideas to encourage young readers, and 10 ways to prepare your child for college academically and financially!
- Set expectations early that you expect your child to attend college by saving early. Research shows that students are more likely to attend and graduate from college when their families saved for it – even if it was just a small amount, $500 or less.
- Enrich your child’s vocabulary and promote a love for reading. Having a strong vocabulary is a key predictor of school readiness.
Encouraging preschoolers to love reading and books is such an important part of their education, and sets them up for future academic achievements. Download these free classroom materials and reading lists, and a college savings guide to share with families.
A young child’s brain is like a sponge, soaking up everything that happens – not just in school, but also at home. We know that busy schedules can make it challenging to figure out where to start or how to make the most of the time you have with your little ones. You can also download a College Savings Guide to help answer your questions about saving for college. These resources can help:
- Complete the entry form.
- Grand Prizes: Two (2) $2,500 Florida 529 Savings Plan.
- No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase or payment of any kind will not increase your chances of winning.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to enter.
- Must be a Florida resident.
- One entry per person.
- Contest opens January 15, 2019, at 9 a.m. EST – ends on February 15, 2019, at 5 p.m EST.
- Winner will be selected in March 2019.
- Official rules.